- Early Registration Discount (Before July 1st) = $1,200
- Normal Registration Fee (After July 1st) = $1,400
- This fee does not include accommodations, dinner costs or any other transport needs outside of what is offered below (*see “How to Get Around” section).
Retreat Package Includes:
Personal Mahākala Astrology Session
On the first day you will have a one-one Mahākala Tantrik Astrology session with the Head Teacher. This will bring to light the most critical areas of the three types of karma that create obstacles to your realization (your personal samsara). You’ll also learn about your inborn strengths. Taken together, You’ll use this information to tailor a unique approach to practice and your overall path in Trika Mahāsiddha Yoga.
Kundalini Hatha Yoga Practice
Each morning you’ll be guided in the practice of Kundalini Hatha Yoga, followed by a discussion on the key principles that distinguish traditional spiritual yoga of the Mahāsiddhas from commercial posture-based yoga. You will learn how the yoga of the Mahāsiddhas directly supports each of the 6 practice paths.
12 Stage View Cycle of Teachings
Contrary to popular belief stable realization of one’s True Nature doesn’t occur in one momentary flash of “awakening”. The spiritual path has clearly defined stages everyone must traverse before attaining a sustainable state of realization. The 12 Stages cover the entire journey from ignorance of our True Nature to the ultimate potential inherent in all human beings - that of the Rainbow-Light-Body. This teaching is fundamental in understanding your current stage of development, what’s next on the path, and how to get there.
The Practices & Teachings on Present, Presence & Real Time
“Just be present” is the usual advice given in spiritual workshops, books, and video classes. Though good advice, dissolving your concept-mind involves much more than hearing a nice idea. What are the varying degrees of present moment awareness? What is the relationship between intellect-mind, awareness-mind and enlightened-mind? How do you work with them? How are Presence and Flowing-Presence different than merely being “present”? How can you remain unbreakably connected to your “Heart-Mind” under all circumstances? You will be led through this process of discovery and mastery of awareness using specific practices and teachings unique to this system.
You are unique. A lot of time can be wasted on fruitless practices. The Mahāsiddha path recognizes this and teaches you how to customize the practices and sequencing on the path to enable you to attain the highest possible fruit in one lifetime. Unique typing technologies and teachings on the various practitioner types will help you discover the type of practitioner you were born to be and to take the path that best suits you.
Oral Teachings on the Ahankara
The Ahankara (“self-image maker”) is a mechanism that you can learn to use as the vehicle to attain the ultimate fruit of the path. It will be your greatest ally when you understand its nature in the context of your kundalini’s journey home. Simultaneously, it can be a slippery force that can hijack your spiritual progress at any unconscious moment during the beginning and middle stages of the path. Learn to “turn the light” as it’s called, and transform your self-image maker from binder to liberator with these pith oral teachings, blessed with the wisdom of the lineage masters.
- 8am: Breakfast followed by an introductory class & practice session
- Rest of the Day: Individual Astrology Sessions (outside of your astrology session, you will have the free time to rest, enjoy the local beaches and restaurants. Participants are also encouraged to integrate the morning’s teaching with a few more short practice sessions (of the technique learned that morning) throughout the day in order to open into a proper space and mindset for the remainder of the training.
August 13th – 18th
6:30am – 8:00am: Kundalini Hatha Yoga Class
8:15 – 9:00: Breakfast
9:00 – 12:00: View Teachings & Meditation Practice Sessions
12:00 – 1:30pm: Lunch Break & Rest
1:30 – 4:00pm: View Teachings & Meditation Practice Sessions
4:00pm – Whole Brain Integration Time*.
*Assimilation and integration as you see fit – beach swim, walk, waterfall swim, sunset surf, resting and relaxing, watching sunset, exercise, etc…
In ancient times in Central Asia and India, it was common for students to gather and receive teachings in an intimate setting over tea with the teacher in her or his living space. Call us sentimental – but we are bringing this structure back. Teachings will be held in Dharma Bodhi’s living room, with a healthy breakfast and lunch provided each day.
Please let us know in advance if you have any medical allergies to certain foods, as well as whether or not you are a vegetarian or omnivore.
What to Bring:
- Cushion for seated meditation and class time (if you require a chair due to a health issue just let us know in advance)
- Notebook & Pen, etc. (electronic recording of the teachings is prohibited)
- Light clothing, swimsuits, yoga attire, sunscreen, hat, small flashlight, light raincoat, umbrella, etc…this is also a vacation to Costa Rica!
- Yoga mats will be provided.
Where to Stay:
Participants are encouraged to choose an accommodation that best suits their comfort level and budget within the Dominical area. There are plenty of hotels and Airbnb locations to choose from. Please choose a location either in Dominical or within 6km south of Dominical. Van pick-ups and drop-offs will be provided to and from Dharma Bodhi’s house.
How to Get Around:
- We will provide van transport from San Jose to Dominical. There is only one van pick-up available, which is scheduled for…
- Location: Adventure Inn Hotel https://www.adventure-inn.com/
- Date/Time: August 11th (Sunday) at 1pm. Please be in the lobby at this time.
We recommend booking into this hotel for extra convenience if you are staying overnight in San Jose. This hotel provides a number of personal services, such as the option to pre-book a late meal (if you arrive to the hotel after the restaurant closes), free airport shuttle service with reservation or re-imbursement for a taxi ride if you arrive later than their shuttle’s hours of operation (saves $30 USD) , etc. Please feel free to stay elsewhere if you prefer – just be sure to arrive on time for the van pick-up at 1pm, as we will not be able to hold up the rest of the group for latecomers.
- We will provide pick-ups and drop-offs each day to and from Dharma Bodhi’s house.
- Van transport from Dominical to San Jose will be available Monday the 19th at 8am for participants returning home.